CIS-255: Client Side Web Application Development
Design, code and deploy responsive "front end" programs
|Instructor||George Corser, PhD |
|Email/Phone||Course-related communication: use Canvas Inbox (not email).|
Non-course-related communication: use email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or voicemail (989.964.2756)
|Office Hours||Wednesdays, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (noon), or by appointment. |
No office hours between noon-12:30pm. I need my lunchtime!
Use Canvas mail to set an appointment.
|Class Hours||Section 01 - IN-PERSON - Mondays and Wednesdays 12:30 PM - 2:20 PM, room SE-135|
Section 70 - HYBRID (PARTLY ONLINE) - Tuesdays, 08:30 AM - 10:30 AM, room SE-135
For class dates and recesses, see academic calendar.
- Frameworks: Bootstrap, jQuery, Angular
- Other: Chrome DevTools, Git/GitHub, JSFiddle, FTP/WinSCP, SSH/Putty/Linux, Notepad++/NppFtp
- Recommended (not required). Connolly, R. (2017). Fundamentals of web development, second edition. Pearson Education. ISBN-13: 978-0134481265, ISBN-10: 0134481267.(Amazon.com, FunWebDev.com).
- Required (free online). w3schools.com: the World's largest Web Developer Site.(www.w3schools.com).
- Optional/alternative (free online). tutorialspoint.com: The Biggest Online Tutorials Library, It's all Free.(www.tutorialspoint.com).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q. How to fix "Forbidden" message? When I try to access my website at
http://csis.svsu.edu/~username/, it says,
Forbidden. You don't have permission to access /~username/ on this server.
A. Change Linux permissions. Log in to CSIS server using Putty, and type:
chmod 755 /home/username
chmod 755 /home/username/public_html
- Q. How to access vdrive (mdrive) using Notepad++? What are the NppFtp profile settings?
vdrive.svsu.edu. Connection type:
- Q. When I access a website on one computer, it does not appear the same as on another computer. Why? How can I fix this?
A. Possibly because your computer has a different cached version. Clear your cache. In Chrome: Ctrl-Shift-Del.
The deliberately incomplete code, below, can be used to help you get started on your assignments.
- As00: Student Home Page
- As01: 5-page brochure style site: HTML-only
- As02: 5-page brochure style site: HTML-CSS-only
- As03: 5-page brochure style site: Bootstrap
- As04: 5-page brochure style site: Builder/WordPress, HTML/CSS/JS, plus diagrams
- As05: Web app: JS-only
- As06: Web app: jQuery / Angular
Please feel free to explore the pages of your fellow students.